Published on May 24th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, May 24, 2018
The first night game in MLB history was played on this day in Cincinnati with the Reds beating the Phillies 2-1. And moving to music news for May 24, 2018…
- Here are some interesting financial effects of the Royal Wedding. And yes, there are some music stats here.
- There were some pretty stiff security rules for people going to a Rolling Stones concert in England Tuesday night.
- How to tell if a singer is lip syncing.
- And now let’s add items (1) and (2) together: Bad lip syncing at the Royal Wedding.
- Wait: Guitars are getting more popular? Then why all the scary stories about the decline of the guitar?
- For some reason, doctors are just now investigating one of Michael Jackson’s extreme dance moves.
- So Childish Gambino’s “This is America” video is a hit. But will the song itself be a hit?
- These noise-canceling earbuds are great for people with partners that snore.
- Jay-Z and Beyonce are too busy to spend any time in their $26 million mansion.
- Here’s a follow-up on Taylor Swift’s battle against scalpers.
- Meanwhile, the Live Nation-Ticketmaster merger is taking some heat in the US.
- Interesting: How your favourite songs get on TV.
- If you’re in the music business (or just really interested in it), you might want to grab this free Canadian Music Directory.
- Morgan Freeman is going to voice all the stops on Vancouver’s Skytrain and transit buses. Cool.
- Gwen Stefani seems to be edging towards retirement as a musician.
- R. Kelly. Ugh.
- The US government has warned employees in China to be “aware of suspicious sounds.”
- So what will the song of the summer be for 2018? Let’s guess.