Published on May 3rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, May 3, 2018
Oh, crap! I forgot to take care of my quarterly HST payment! Sorry, CRA. I’ll do it today. But first, I have to report on the music news for May 3, 2018.
- No Kanye news today. I’m tired of him.
- Portugal.The Man canceled an appearance on an Australia TV show over a racism controversy that’s been brewing on the show.
- Spotify says it now has 75 million paying subscribers…
- …and Spotify users can now share music in links to their Instagram stories.
- Disney is planning to launch a video streaming service for millennials. Yes, Disney.
- WhatsApp is KILLING Snapchat.
- R Kelly has won an award: “The music industry’s biggest piece of male garbage“…
- …which segues into this story of why he canceled a bunch of shows.
- One of the “Descpacito” accordion-wielding Toronto subway buskers has been busted. He faces a $235 fine.
- Jay-Z’s Roc Nation is starting up a television division.
- Keeping the secret of Milli Vanilli.
- Arctic Monkeys fans REALLY hate Alex Turner’s beard. There’s a petition demanding he shave it off.
- Fans at music festivals can get very weird. See?
- A music industry group has officially asked Apple not to stop selling iTunes downloads.
- Brian Wilson needs back surgery this month.
- An Apple Watch saved a girl’s life by detecting impending kidney failure.
- A Holocaust rock opera?
- Discogs.com is doing well thanks to the vinyl boom. VERY well.
- Taylor Swift sold this place in Beverly Hills.
- Justin Timberlake admits to hooking up with a Spice Girl.