Published on May 31st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, May 31, 2018
Thirty-two years ago today there was a massive tornado outbreak that hit areas around Barrie, Ontario. It was bad. As for music news on May 31, 2018…
- Twitter still matters to musicians. Here’s why.
- Punk rock is on the offensive in Thailand. This could get interesting.
- So about those “sonic attacks” in Havana: Cuba wants Canada and the US to investigate.
- Metalcore guitarist Josh Martin has died of brain injuries following a fall off an escalator at a mall in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Lollapalooza Stockholm? Yep. Next year.
- A Jeff Goldlbum classical album? Yep. Coming soon. (Via Steve)
- Is this the most depressing song ever written from the perspective of a teenage girl? Maybe.
- Interesting: Women’s voices temporarily get deeper with pregnancy.
- Don’t know what to do with your AirPods when you’re out of the house? Maybe this?
- If you find yourself on a plane with this flight attendant, you might want to take a different airline.
- Papua New Guinea is thinking of banning Facebook. (Via Tom)
- The world’s greatest rock star real estate dispute continues.
- Prince’s private island (complete with its purple driveway) is going up for auction.
- It looks like the new iPhone will have some kind of radical design change.
- The Longshot, Billie Joe Armstrong’s side project from Green Day, played Toronto this week. Here’s a review.
- Are these the most valuable records on earth? Maybe.
- Looking for something really alternative? Try this.
- Here’s how you can have a piece of Yoko Ono.
- Did Google illegally track your iPhone? (Via Steve again)
- Motley Crue’s Tommy Lee’s place is up for sale. Imagine what a black light would reveal.
- Life after being in a boy band. (One more from Steve)