Published on November 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, November 8, 2018
It was on this day in 1972 that a new thing called “HBO” started broadcasting. As for music news for November 8, 2018…
- Madonna’s daughter seems to be dressing like mom.
- Sinead O’Connor says that now she’s converted from Catholicism to Islam, she “doesn’t want to be around disgusting white people.”
- Musicians vs. Donald Trump: A comprehensive history.
- The business of background music is apparently booming!
- The portable music player: How long does it have?
- What does music have to do with the future of transportation? Quite a lot, actually.
- If the CD is in a death spiral, then why can’t CD manufacturers keep up with demand?
- Nostalgic for British indie music of the 90s? Members of Elastica and Lush have formed a new band called Piroshka.
- China has banned 6,000 karaoke songs.
- This looks interesting: a TV series set in a techno club in Berlin.
- Kid strangles mom. Tells cops “I should have won a Grammy for that fake 911 call.” A Grammy?
- The newest kids to embrace punk are Latino teenagers in Los Angeles.
- Is that really Rami Malek singing in Bohemian Rhapsody? Well, yes and no.
- Here’s an interesting post on cycles in music.