Published on October 25th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, October 25, 2018
This is my new favourite German word: backpfeifengesicht. It means “punchable face.” and now for music news for October 25, 2018.
- Canadian rapper Jon James McMurray is dead after a plane stunt went very wrong.
- Here’s what critics are saying about the Freddie Mercury biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Does the new Queen movie show the real Freddie Mercury? No.
- Is there life for Rush beyond Neil Peart? Maybe.
- Are cover songs back in a big way? Maybe.
- Kurt and Courtney’s daughter Frances Bean has sold her Hollywood bungalow.
- Well, this is kinda sweet.
- If you won the Mega Millions jackpot, you’d be as rich as Jay Z.
- There’s a new movie on John and Yoko in the works.
- How U2’s technology is making concerts better.
- Remember the indie rock scene of 2008? We’re still feeling its effects.
- This festival has been allowed to go ahead–as long as there’s no swearing.
- Want to be a writer in Canada? Be prepared to be poor.
- “The rappers of LinkedIn.”
- If you want to reduce the risk of depression TURN IT DOWN.
- The Apollo moon landings + Benny Hill-style filming + techno = this.
- If you’re in Ontario and you run across a random trailer full of band equipment, it might be stolen.
- Want to be Madonna’s private chef? The gig pays almost $200K.
- You can now search YouTube using emojis.
- Is music journalism dead? Or is it healthier than ever?
- Wanna buy some of Sonic Youth’s old gear? Go here.
- Anyone miss the era of the CD-R? No, me neither.