Published on September 20th, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Thursday, September 20, 2018
Off to Vegas for the Life is Beautiful music festival. What could possibly go wrong at an outdoor music festival in downtown Las Vegas? Meanwhile, here’s music news for September 20, 2018.
- Spotify has been sued over its sales teams heading to strip clubs…
- ….while The Weeknd and Daft Punk are being sued over “Starboy.”
- And Drake has sued a woman over some false rape allegations.
- Meanwhile, Drake lost nearly $200K gambling in Atlantic City.
- Plus: Players gonna play and players gonna sue Taylor Swift.
- Bono has talked to the pope (naturally) and says that Francis is “aghast” at the church sex abuse.
- Is this what Google has planned for its next smart speaker?
- The Happy Mondays cheated on a game show?
- Another poisoning in Britain by Russia?
- What are these new “interactive albums?” Oh.
- Christian rock: it just keeps going and going and going…
- If you’re a DJ or musician, you might be interested in this new mobile gear.
- People keep dying from drug overdoses at music festivals. The latest casualties are in the US and Vietnam.
- Bono’s parenting skills were put to the test at a special gig at a Paris restaurant.
- Sony will have a retro PlayStation Classic on sale this Christmas. It’ll come with 20 games.
- Dickie Betts of the Allaman Brothers is scheduled for brain surgery after an accident.
- If you grew up in the 70s and 80s, you might be excited about these new retro-style JBL speakers.
- Space Jam: The Sequel? Finally! (And with LeBron James, too!)
- Holland America has a new Rolling Stones-themed club aboard one of their cruise ships. The Stones never miss a trick, do they?
- At lastly, after nearly 40 years in the business, I finally got mentioned in Rolling Stone.