Published on August 4th, 2015 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Tuesday, August 4, 2015
As of today, me and the missus have been married 25 years. We’re quite proud of that.
That being said, there’s music news to discuss.
- Billy Joel Avenue? Not just yet.
- Meryl Streep’s next role will be as a rock singer. Neil Young was called in to teach her a thing or two.
- Toronto rapper Redway died in a car crash over the weekend.
- One Direction set a new Spotify record for the most streams of a song in one week with their new single…
- …and they’re making $21,000 a day from the song on Spotify.
- The overhaul of Apple Music can’t come too soon. Here’s another reason why.
- Slipknot’s new bassist was rushed to hospital in an ambulance in the middle of a show.
- Remember the “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism lawsuit? It’s still on.
- In case you’d like some lullabies based on the music of Blink-182, go here.
- Here are the hottest apps in hip hop.
- A radio station’s RDS display was hacked. This is some kind of first.
- Jared Leto: okay by standards of the Ukrainian government.
- Why the world’s biggest record label wants to be a movie studio.
- Meanwhile, Sony defends their streaming practices.
- This a good joke: Kanye West has copyrighted the E minor chord. It is a joke…right? (Via Tom)
- And finally, this is just for fans of Gilligan’s Island. Who knew The Skipper recorded an album? (Via Tom again)