Published on August 7th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Day two of my solo staycation. Maybe I’ll clean out the shed today. Or maybe I’ll just post some music news for August 7, 2018, and go back to bed.
- AC/DC is apparently recording a new album in Vancouver. Angus is there, of course. Axl is handling vocals. Steve Young, Angus’ nephew is on rhythm guitar, taking the place of the late Malcolm. And on drums? The once-estranged Phil Rudd. Interesting.
- A 16-year-old died at Lollapalooza over the weekend.
- There’s been a leak about the new Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Alex Jones’ and InfoWars’ podcasts have now been removed from iTunes…
- …and he’s being pulled out of Facebook…
- …and YouTube, too.
- Meanwhile, the controversy about violence-inciting “drill” music videos continues.
- Did Janis Joplin die of a heroin overdose or by tripping and falling?
- Look who’s a judge at the World Beatboxing Championships?
- The backstory on the EDM musical.
- Is alt-country The Next Big Thing? Some people think so.
- How much does Spotify know about you? A lot, apparently.
- Meanwhile, here’s Spotify’s plan for global domination.
- The biggest dark horse in the streaming wars? Amazon Prime Music.
- Like listening to morning shows on the radio? Here’s a site that reminds you that it’s always morning somewhere.
- Virtually all Millennials have smartphones, but fewer of them are making phone calls.
- Facebook is testing a dating app. This could give “poking” a whole new meaning.
- Speaking of Facebook, this app hides all negativity. Only $99. A month.