Published on May 26th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Second day in Australia. Still refusing to try Vegemite.
- This doesn’t bode well for Ontario finally having a place to hold mega-festivals. NIMBYism wins again. (Via Jake)
- ABBA was brilliant in a dark sort of way. That’s the contention of this article.
- Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell has announced a new album. He’ll try and make us forget that Timbaland disaster.
- Sharon Osbourne collapsed as a result of physical and mental exhaustion. EMS alerted by Ozzy yelling “SHARON!”
- Good news for everyone who’s been clamouring for a Taylor Swift mosaic made of Lego. (Via Tom)
- The Women’s Institute of the UK is setting up a cake-and-tea stand at Glastonbury. Munchie heaven.
- How to see like a bat using sound. (Caveat: you need to be blind first.)
- Wanna own a lock of Mozart’s hair? Seriously. THE Mozart.
- Belgian noise-rock? Yep. Get on board now.
- Tinfoil hat alert: BB King’s daughters alleged he was poisoned.
- The brother of DPRK thug/despot Kim Jong-un is a big fan of Eric Clapton. Japanese TV caught Kim Jong-chul on video at the gig.
- UK police are investigating 43 music industry figures on allegations of sex crimes with underage people.
- A fan died at a Chevelle show in Chicago on Memorial Day. He fell off a catwalk and got speared on two metal rods.
- What does a major act spend on developing new acts these days? This might be the answer.