Published on October 30th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Music news for All Hallow’s Eve Eve: October 30, 2018.
- Weekly Canadian music sales and streams vs. this point last year: Total albums, -21.2%; digital albums, -19.6%; physical albums, -22.1%; CDs, -25.8%; vinyl albums, +28.1%; streams, +48.5% (1.516 billion streams last week).
- The biggest trend in consumer audio? Still smart speakers.
- And this new smart speaker from Huawei that looks awfully familiar.
- Spotify stock is really suffering. Why?
- Remember those AC/DC coins issued by The Royal Australian Mint? They’re now selling for big dollars on eBay.
- If you’re into High-Res Audio (and you should think about it), check out this cool new device.
- Is DAB radio in Norway being threatened by the US Navy? Maybe. (The story is Norwegian, but that’s what Google Translate is for.)
- A member of the metal band Manowar has been arrested on child porn charges.
- The concert industry will be worth at least $31 billion USD by 2022. Of that, $24 billion will be ticket sales.
- The new palm tree sign for the refurbished El Mocambo in Toronto will be hung and lit November 15.
- Samsung’s folding phone is almost here.
- Donald Trump is not going to like this new song from Tim Heidecker called “Ballad of Incel Man.”
- Now it’s Bon Jovi vs. Kim Kardashian.
- Is the next iPhone going to have a third camera? (Via Steve)
- A street in New York has been named after Steely Dan founder, Walter Becker. (Via Steve again)
- A new BBC app hopes to attract more young listeners. (One more from Steve)
- Is Pearl Jam’s Vs album really 25 years old now? Wow. (Via Moe)