Published on September 1st, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, September 1, 2015
September? Already? Good thing Labour Day is so late, huh? And now, the music news…
- Remember the story about the classic Guns ‘N Roses lineup playing a reunion show in Australia next year? Yeah, about that…
- The “Big Pink” house made famous by Bob Dylan and The Band is available for rent.
- Are these ways to legally get music into podcasts?
- Another look at Apple Music and Beats 1 and what it could mean for traditional radio.
- Hey, David Lee Roth: has no one ever thrown a beer at you before?
- Slayer just shot a video at a women’s prison. You’ll recognize some people.
- Lady Gaga’s meat dress still exists. How have these preserved this goddam thing? (Via Tom)
- Here’s a bunch of artists with some really interesting setlists.
- Is Apple building a HOLOiPhone?
- Speaking of which, what’s it like to work high up at Apple?
- The good news: David Bowie is writing music again! The weird news: It’s for a Spongebob musical.
- That’s not an organ. THIS is an organ.
- Interesting question: how many national anthems are plagiarized?
- Sunday’s MTV VMAs set a Twitter record, but TV ratings were down.
- Another reason why YOU NEED TO TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!
- However, sound waves can help your heart in an emergency.
- Morrissey has declared war on Australia.
- Willie (Nelson) and the Weed Factory.
- Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley has remarried–and he looks very healthy. Good.