Published on April 18th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, April 18, 2018
I did not know this about April 18, 2018. Let’s move on to the music news for the day.
- Alexa and other smart speakers are proving to be a boon for the blind.
- TWO restarts for “The Star-Spangled Banner” because of forgotten words? Oops.
- Beyonce’s YouTube livestream of her Coachella performance is now the most-streamed event in history.
- And the Coachella stories go on and on and on…
- Dude: It was just a lost phone!
- If you ever find yourself at the world’s biggest record show, here are some tips.
- With 4/20 coming up on Friday, you might be interested in these pairings of music and pot. (Via Tom)
- Looks like Mariah Carey has some big legal troubles on the horizon.
- Look, even if I had $10,000 to invest in 1980, I probably wouldn’t have put it into Apple stock. But if I had…
- Would you pay $200 for a shout out from a social media star?
- Eminem has a new AR app.
- If you’re into vintage synthesizers, you’ll be very pleased to hear about the new Stylophone.
- The #MeToo charges just keep getting worse for R Kelly.
- Remember the disastrous Fyre Festival from last April? There will be a docu-series on the subject.
- Morrissey still doesn’t get it.
- Usher was robbed of $820,000 worth of jewelry.
- Here’s some outside criticism about the Canadian music industry’s demands for copyright reform.
- Ed Sheeran’s bodyguard sure knows how to use Instagram.
- This is why you should listen to Mozart when you take your blood pressure medication.