Published on August 22nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, August 22, 2018
I’d forgotten about this game. Eleven years ago today, the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 30-0 in the worst route in MLB history. As for music news on August 22, 2018…
- Paul McCartney says that Paul McCartney is not dead.
- August 30 will be the 50th anniversary of the release of The Beatles’ “Hey Jude.” There will be plenty more stories like this.
- Well, this is a twist to the case of John Lennon assassin Mark David Chapman.
- Have Elon Musk and Grimes broken up?
- Rumour: Pre-orders for the new iPhones will start September 14. That points to some kind of event/announcement on September 11 or 12.
- What do you do about a music-leaking site that only accepts cryptocurrency? This is a fascinating story.
- The GOP has based singer-songwriters Ben Folds and Jason Isbell as being “unhinged.”
- The first (modern) artist to play Stonehenge has been confirmed. It will be…
- Let’s talk about how Aretha Franklin’s album sales are doing.
- Janet Jackson takes the subway?
- Is Dennis Rodman working on music with Kanye West? Maybe.
- Spotify now has a branded podcast of its own.
- Amazon Music has launched a big advertising blitz. This is the dark horse in the streaming race.
- A new survey says that 35% of millennials share their passwords for video services. Companies are losing millions this way.
- A plane carrying Post Malone had to make a scary emergency landing.