Published on August 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, August 8, 2018
The solo staycation continues, which explains the slight reduction in posts this week. Will today be the day that I clean out of the shed and the garage? Maybe after we look at music news for August 8, 2018.
- Bieber is still under fire from his neighbours after that infamous house-egging incident.
- The founder of a Christian rock festival has been sentenced to 18 years for child molestation.
- Something has gone wrong with Johnny Depp’s Notorious B.I.G. movie.
- Alexa can’t seem to answer that question right now? She’ll now get back to you on that.
- And has Amazon really sold 50 million Alexa-powered devices?
- Here’s a fascinating personal story of disability and Doc Martens.
- Fascinating: Some medical schools are recruiting students based on their musical ability. (Via Tom)
- This app wants to be the Uber of music lessons.
- This is a great look at what it’s like to try to make it as a musician in Nashville.
- Spotify has a hardware problem. Here’s why.
- If you’re an 80s kid, chances are you’d want to visit here.
- Stevie Nicks is set to join American Horror Story.
- Audiobook giant Audible.com has laid off its entire podcast staff. (Note that Audible is owned by Amazon, too.)
- Drake just spent $14K on custom gold grills.
- Looking to print up some CDs and cassettes for your music? Read this first.
- Remember Smash Hits magazine? If so, you’ll love this feature.
- Aphex Twin = Weird. Still.