Published on February 6th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Happy 57th birthday, Axl Rose. And now for music news on February 6, 2019.
- A Foo Fighter got hurt and shows have been canceled. Which Foo? And what happened? No one is saying.
- Live Nation just bought Toronto’s Embrace Presents. That means more Live Nation bookings in venues like the Danforth Music Hall and Velvet Underground.
- Guns N’ Roses…cheese? Yep. (Via Tom)
- The Prodigy had the number-one-selling cassette in 2018. Whoop-de-doo.
- Wait: Some people think that James Brown was murdered? (Via Steve)
- Should Apple buy Netflix? Or Sonos? Discuss.
- Are you an artist on tour? This may help.
- I’m not sure what’s going on here, but it is Japan, the closest place to Mars without leaving the planet.
- I love this: Why we need audiophiles.
- Want to buy the ranch of an Eagle? Go here.
- There’s a big conference in Berlin on making vinyl coming up later this year. Looks interesting.
- A good question: What does “indie” mean in 2019?