Published on July 18th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, July 18, 2018
I really should pay more attention to what’s happening in our country rather than watching the next installment of the White House dumpster fire. But it’s hard to turn away, innit? Maybe some music news for July 18, 2018, will help.
- Bad Religion is in the process of recording an entire album of “fuck Trump” songs. Monday’s press conference must have given them a whole bunch of new ideas.
- Here’s me on Global News AM 640 talking about the facial recognition technology that’s coming to concerts.
- According to its latest quarterly report, Napster (the legit streaming company that used to be known as Rhapsody) is profitable. In fact, it’s had three profitable quarters in a row. Spotify can’t say that.
- A “social ticketing app” for music? What’s that?
- Remember when Katy Perry purchased that convent and the controversy that followed? It’s almost time to move in.
- A solar-powered accordion? Yep.
- Are podcasts now more popular than blogs? Could be.
- Why are all these artists are now dumping their managers?
- Finally: an affordable High-Res Audio player.
- Proof that the Foo Fighters will perform with anyone.
- A ginger emoji? Yep.
- Sting’s musical is coming to Toronto in February 2019.
- Could Instagram turn into the music industry’s best friend? That’s what some people say.
- For anyone who loves Hi-Res Audio when it comes to their music, this is an encouraging sign that more people are being turned on to it…
- This sign language interpreter CRUSHES it at a Slayer show. Watch.