Published on July 29th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Attention, Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud fans: say a happy birthday to Eris, which was discovered 10 years ago today. Meanwhile, in music news…
- Nearly 400 pirate radio stations have been raided in London in the last two years.
- The Doobie Brothers are suing a venture capitalist cover band called The Doobie Decimal System.
- Are these the 100 most important songs of the decade so far?
- A Seattle radio station broke the Internet with their Beastie Boys celebration.
- Who will do the theme for Spectre, the next James Bond movie? Here are your odds.
- Speaking of which, all bets are off on the matter at one British bookmaker because of a suspiciously large bet.
- Watch Tom Cruise’s lip sync battle with Jimmy Fallon. Risky Business revisited. Sort of.
- The latest guy to get into the remastered/reissued albums is Peter Gabriel.
- No, she didn’t.
- UK music fans apparently prefer music in all its physical formats.
- And CD sales remain very, very solid in Japan.
- Amazon Music is getting really, really, really big. We can’t get it in Canada, of course.
- Coldplay is promising fans some kind of “musical surprise.”]
- Go inside the production office at a mega-gig.