Published on June 13th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Today’s music news–June 13, 2018–remains tariff-free and welcomes all readers.
- This will keep you busy at work today: 35 of the most offensive band names ever.
- What are the most popular music services based on search analytics? Let’s take a look.
- Hoping for a new System of a Down album? Yeah, that ain’t happening…
- Live albums used to be a really, really big deal (cf. Frampton Comes Alive, KISS Alive, Running on Empty, etc, etc.). But the future of the live album doesn’t look great.
- Here’s another leak about what the next iPhone might look like.
- Who knew that Guns ‘N Roses Duff McKagan was into model trains?
- Metallica is going to be honoured in Sweden with something called The Polar Prize.
- Podcasting revenue in the US is at $314 million and growing.
- Inside Ed Sheeran’s proposed private chapel.
- Taylor Swift fired one of her dancers over some sexist memes.
- Wait: A Black Sabbath reunion?
- It’s costing Slash a lot of money to get divorced.
- How well do you know your record producers? Take this quiz.
- Bono’s daughter didn’t like this sleeping fan at dad’s show.
- John Travolta went for pizza at the same place we see in Saturday Night Live. This, apparently, is news.
- You can see through walls with radio? What?
- Moby is selling his entire record collection for charity. Wow.
- Haim fired their agent after they found out he got them a fraction of what a male artist got for playing the same festival.