Published on May 6th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, May 6, 2015
On this day in 1949, EDSAC, the first digital(ish) computer ran its first program.
- Duran Duran anti-wrinkle cream: just £4,000. Seriously.
- You may end up watching this nine second Nickelback parody over and over again. If you do, see a doctor. (Via Tom)
- Here’s an interesting project: Ninety-six drawings of David Bowie by comic book artists.
- Uh-oh. Is Apple having trouble getting the music deals it needs so it can launch its streaming music service?
- There’s a browser extension that will strip out any mention of the Kardashians. Is there one for Bieber? (Via Tom)
- This version of Extreme’s “More Than Words” is probably better than the original. (Via Tom again)
- Mick Jagger comes to Nepal’s aid. I guess.
- Kate Moss will be selling jam at Glastonbury.
- Win and Regine from Arcade Fire are opening a restaurant in Montreal called Agrikol.
- The Who will close Glastonbury this year.
- Prince is going to play a surprise concert in Baltimore on Sunday. Oops. Did I spoil it?
- So why wasn’t present-day Dave Grohl interviewed for the Cobain documentary, Montage of Heck? Here’s the reason.
- Uh-oh. Someone has taken up the Grooveshark cause. This won’t end well.
- Despite wanted to get someone murdered, Phil Rudd still wants to be in AC/DC. At least he admits his mistakes.
- Sam Smith can’t even speak because of his vocal cord hemmorrhage.