Published on May 9th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, May 9, 2019
The First Annual Toronto Vinyl Summit is TONIGHT! You’re coming, right? And in other music news for May 9, 2018…
- Millennials are stressed out by…voicemail? Some want it banned? Seriously.
- Elephant talk. Makes me think of this old King Crimson song.
- In a band: Here are some important social media tips.
- Bob Marley’s granddaughter plans to sue California police after she was accused of an Airbnb robbery.
- AIR Studios, one of George Martin’s facilities, is up for sale again.
- This guy was writing about the rise of streaming music services six years ago. How far have we come? Let’s look.
- Yes, it’s time to start talking about the iPhone XI.
- How and why a rapper was sent to jail based on his lyrics. This is disturbing.
- Are you a fan of Jeff Buckley? Then here’s a book you need to read.
- Grimes is dating Elon Musk?
- And Spotify is dating Tesla?
- Why are major labels unloading their Spotify stock? Do they know something Wall St. doesn’t?
- The future of DJing is…streaming?
- Phil Collins’ new roadtrip is called the “Not Dead Yet” tour.
- A Lifetime movie on R Kelly? Yep.
- Science says creative people are more 90% more prone to schizophrenia, depression and bipolar disorder.
- Puffy’s TV and media company just laid off one-third of its staff.
- It looks like Instagram is ready to add music to posts.