Published on September 19th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, September 19, 2018
I’ve never seen more squirrels collecting nuts in my neighbourhood. Does that mean we’re in for a bad winter? Ponder that as we look at music news for September 19, 2018.
- It’s looking more and more like Pytor Verzilov, the Russian-Canadian member of Pussy Riot, was poisoned. He’s still in hospital in Berlin. Vlad? Was that you?
- Sure, you want to promote your music career, but don’t do this.
- Here are nine lessons we can learn from Paul McCartney this week.
- And this is what Macca would tell his younger self.
- Wanna know what’s being blamed more and more for divorces in the UK? Fortnite.
- A new study says that Americans listen to an average of 151 minutes of music a day.
- Another plea to musicians and record labels: PLEASE get your metadata in order.
- Well, this explains the state of my iPhone’s battery life.
- If you’re a fan of Judas Priest, you’ll want to look at KK Downing’s memoir.
- Can you imagine driving an ice cream truck all summer and listening to that same jingle over and over again? This guy did.
- Here’s Brian Wilson (the Beach Boy) with the band (the Barenaked Ladies) who wrote the song “Brian Wilson.” (Via John)
- Google has some new technology that should help recognize songs better and faster.
- How are bands dealing with lyrics from old songs that are no longer acceptable today? Here are two examples.
- Are musicians really more likely to use drugs? Let’s find out.
- Donald Trump has his “fake news.” Spotify is having to deal with “fake plays.” This is a real problem.