Published on April 1st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, April 1, 2016
Just remember that if you hear anything about Tool today, it’s probably fake. They love to pull April Fool’s pranks. And now, actual music news…
- Wait: here’s an April Fool’s thing.
- I don’t think this is an April Fool’s joke: “Kanye’s Life of Pablo Will Finally Be For Sale.”
- Kanye hates this mural of himself so much that he’s willing to pay the artist to paint over it.
- The reason Kanye has been praising Bieber so much recently is because he was about to sign a management deal with Bieber’s manager, Scooter Braun.
- Sunday’s Juno Awards will be broadcast in 4K–not that too many people will be able to watch it that way.
- Some White Stripes Peel Sessions will be released on vinyl for the first time.
- Going to Canadian Music Week? Here’s a panel all radio people should check out (if I don’t say so myself…)
- Don’t want to be embarrassed at a gig? Stay off your mobile phone while the band is playing.
- Interesting reading: What does it take to have a number one record in the UK?
- U2’s Adam Clayton is going to start writing for the British edition of GQ. (Via Larry)
- An interesting secret about the breakup of the marriage of The Captain and Tenille.
- Two months after husband David Bowie dies, Iman loses her mother.
- Are we headed for a musical rebellion? This guy thinks so.
- Justin Timberlake is being sued by Cirque du Soleil. Seriously.
- And Deadmau5 is suing a vape company.
- Kurt Cobain’s daughter came face-to-face with an intruder running from her Hollywood home.