Published on April 18th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, April 18, 2014
Here’s some Good Friday reading for you.
- A Scottish man had his record player seized by authorities after refusing to stop blasting neighbours with Dolly Parton at all hours of the day and night.
- Check out Google’s new Ara smartphone. This technology could have major implications for traditional broadcasters.
- Why there’s a big copyright fight over sound recordings made prior to 1972.
- Remixing country music like you would pop or rock? Never thought if it until now. Then again, why wouldn’t someone DJ using country music?
- I’m glad I’m not the only one who smells something funny about this band against EDM events at Toronto’s Exhibition Place.
- Which music service makes the most money for artists?
- Calgary mass-murder suspect apparently quoted Megadeth before going on his killing spree.
- Here’s the second edition of the Alexisonfire box set.
- Apple’s CarPlay shows up in Pioneer car audio gear.
- And speaking of Apple, what’s this deal about Shazam being integrated into iPhones and iPads?