Published on August 4th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, August 04, 2017
This summer long weekend is a strange one. Not everyone gets Monday off, so spare a thought for those folks. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for August 4.
- Chester Bennington’s death certificate has been issued. Cause of death is listed as hanging by a belt.
- Bandcamp is donating today’s proceeds to the Transgender Law Center.
- Gene Simmons to Justin Bieber: “Get a life and stop complaining.”
- Tom DeLonge: Hunter of sexual predators.
- Would Primus still exist had they not done the theme for South Park? “Probably not,” they say.
- Even if you’re not a fan of Phish, there’s a lot to be learned from their residency at Madison Square Garden.
- A new survey says that 51% of Canadians refuse to check email when they’re on vacation. I’m definitely in the 49%.
- Bob Dylan, the musical. And it’s apparently really good.
- Taylor Swift has finally faced her accused groper.
- What the heck is going on with this mysterious Russian radio station?
- In a first, Gene Simmons announces that he’s NOT going sue to someone. Perhaps because that someone is a cow.
- Justin Bieber explains why he canceled the rest of his tour.
- Damon Albarn’s daughter Missy has formed a band with her friend Pepper, daughter of Blur guitarist Graham Coxon.
- Spotify looks set to end the year with 70 million subscriptions. As for making a profit, that’s another story.
- Composer Burt Bacharach is calling for changes to the laws surrounding plagiarism. I agree completely.
- Bernie Taupin, Elton John’s lyricist, is selling this place in California.