Published on August 19th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, August 19, 2016
If you live in Southern Ontario, the Beginning of the End of Summer is here: The opening of the Canadian National Exhibition. And now, some music news.
- Yes, the Prime Minister will be at the Tragically Hip show in Kingston tomorrow night. Here’s hoping he keeps his shirt on.
- Billie Joe Armstrong has compared Donald Trump to Hitler. You could see that coming, no?
- Scientists at McGill University have scanned Sting’s brain to see what’s in there. See “Don’t Scan So Close to Me.” (Via Tom)
- Interesting stat: Music makes up just 4.3% of YouTube’s traffic.
- “How Hipsters Changed the World.”
- Someone rickrolled the NSA.
- I did not need this mental image of Mick Jagger’s junk. Thanks, Sharon. (And Tom)
- Interesting: “How 9/11 Chilled Musicians.”
- One of the most important companies in the vinyl revolution is this Czech company.
- Well, this is one way to cover Dire Straits’ “Sultans of Swing.”
- New research: People who go to concerts feel better about life.
- It’s National Radio Day in the US!