Published on August 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, August 25, 2017
The last normal weekend of the summer–which explains the Christmas displays I’ve already seen. Shouldn’t be long before some radio stations start flipping to an all-Christmas format. And now, the music news for August 25.
- Dave Grohl wants to move on from directing documentaries to directing feature films. In fact, he’s already started a project.
- Chester Bennington’s ex-wife says she was “disgusted” by his funeral.
- Rumour: An iPhone 8 announcement on September 12.
- There’s a big podcast conference going on this week. What sorts of innovations might come out of it?
- The best music for workouts? Science says Mozart and trance.
- Are these the saddest breakup songs of all time? Maybe.
- Gavin Rossdale had a house party busted up by police.
- (Former?) AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has quite the automobile collection.
- Well, this certainly is an interesting looking guitar…
- GIve all the songs he’s co-written and produced, I’d thought Max Martin would have earned more than this. Still, it’s not pocket change…
- Snapchat says it’s getting into scripted content.
- How to talk like a Canadian–in different parts of Canada.
- Rush – Neil Peart = LeeLifeson Project?
- One of MC Hammer’s backup dancer is a football coach who still has the moves.
- Ozzy and Sharon to retire? They say they’re making plans.