Published on August 26th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, August 26, 2016
Are you telling me that this is the second-last weekend of the summer? Seriously? And now, music news…
- A Rob Baker tweet pretty much confirmed that Gord Downie has a pending solo project happening.
- The ex of France Bean Cobain claims she’s left him broke. “Spousal support, please!”
- KISS returns to comic books.
- Someone left a 300-year-old violin on a train.
- The big-ass aircraft backed in part by Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden was in the slowest crash you’ve ever seen.
- AC/DC’s Brian Johnson is helping to set up a music therapy centre.
- If you need a Florence + The Machine song, she’s contributing this track to the upcoming Tim Burton movie.
- Frank Ocean’s Blonde album has been illegally downloaded more than 750,000 times already.
- Universal is now making $29 million USD a week from streaming.
- People still believe in recording on cassette–including the guy who did the theme for Silicon Valley.
- Some still think that the MTV MMVAs are important. You?
- This guy was given a scoop by John Lennon–and he blew it.