Published on December 8th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, December 8, 2017
Here’s a fun game to play: Predict the next goofy/dangerous/reckless/unnecessary thing Donald Trump will do to piss off the rest of the world. As you thinking about that, here’s some music news for December 8.
- There’s a metal festival set for April in downtown Las Vegas in April. Can you imagine what the security is going to be for this thing?
- And the winner of Colour of the Year for 2017 is…Prince Purple!
- Imagine your parents splashing out to have this musical entertainment at your 18th birthday party. Just $4 million USD.
- There was more unreleased Jimi Hendrix material? That’s what, 30-40 posthumous albums?
- New York firefighters found some weird stuff in a nightclub.
- Here’s an interesting battle between a Toronto music teacher and a principal.
- Progress: an all-female concert in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia…
- …and an all-female version of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- If you’re an Elvis Costello fan, you’ll want to read this.
- Japanese music fans can be very picky about the audio quality of their music. Deezer wants to help.
- The history of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You.” Click if you dare.
- We may soon be able to talk to the dolphins–or at least eavesdrop on them.
- Tom Morello, Michael Stipe and other musicians have come out in favour of protecting net neutrality.
- You can help protect against dementia by playing Super Mario 64? Apparently.
- There’s a strange campaign to get Taylor Swift to denounce Donald Trump.
- Here’s a deliberately ugly George Michael Christmas sweater. Because you know you want one.