Published on February 17th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, February 17, 2017
Today we stood at the point where the Indian and Southern Oceans meet. Only the Arctic Ocean to go. And now, the music news.
- If you like ambient music, pause for a second to think of the death of Basil Kirchin.
- Boy George recounted some memories about going to prison.
- The Grammy people have apologized to Metallica for their TV screwup of their performance with Lady Gaga.
- Meanwhile, there at allegations that the Grammys have a “secret committee” that “torpedoes black artists.”
- And on a semi-related note, does pop radio have a problem with Beyonce?
- Ticketmaster is now a thing in 30 countries.
- More evidence that alt-rock is turning hard again: Linkin Park is back with a new single.
- A couple in Bolivia have named their new son Iron Maiden.
- Adele makes more than £500,000 per night on her current tour.
- Sorry Drake, but Ed Sheeran is now the most-listened-to artist on Spotify.
- Someone has returned some vinyl albums to a Winnipeg library 32 years after they were checked out. (Via Tom)
- Google’s AI will let anyone duet with a virtual pianist.
- A floating music festival? What’s that? This.
- Ted Nugent wants to run for congress. God help America.