Published on February 2nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, February 2, 2018
Corus Entertainment is having its first-ever bring-your-dog-to-work day. Schmooze, one of the English bull terriers in my house, is taking part in this pilot project. She’s been looking forward to this for weeks. As for music news, here’s what we have for February 2, 2018.
- No Groundhog Day references follow. I promise.
- Maynard James Keenan had this to say about the upcoming Tool album: “Tool took over 11 years to complete the tracks, to write the lyrics I will only take half of that.” So that means the record will be ready in 2024?
- At this Swiss university, you can major in yodelling.
- Justin Timberlake’s #TimesUp hypocrisy.
- Can’t sleep? Try listening to the sounds of bacon.
- Why does the band/partnership break up? Here’s a study of that.
- WhatsApp now has 1.5 billion users. Frankly, I wish everyone would stop texting and use it.
- Daisie is a new app launched by Game of Thrones‘ Maisie Williams–yes, Arya Stark–that helps spot new musical talent.
- David Byrne has created a playlist just for Donald Trump. It’s called “Beautiful Shitholes.”
- This Chinese pop star has landed a very important pre-Super Bowl gig in Minneapolis.
- Senegal says that Rihanna isn’t welcome in the country because she’s a member of the Illuminati.
- Remember Katy Perry’s mysterious Left Shark at her Super Bowl performance three years? The guy inside that shark suit has been found.