Published on January 19th, 2018 | by Alan Cross3
Random Music News for Friday, January 19, 2018
The first-ever PC virus that targeted MD-DOD, Brain, was released into the wild on this day in 1986. Which reminds me: gotta do a deep scan today. And now, some music news for January 19, 2018.
- The Barenaked Ladies will be inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame the Juno Awards in March.
- Apple is going to build a second campus somewhere in the US AND spend another $350 billion.
- Meanwhile, it’s rumoured that Apple has received the first shipments of the long-delayed HomePod.
- Is Johnny Depp planning to join Marilyn Manson’s band? He could use the money…
- This man just found out that the Cranberries’ song “Zombie” was actually about his son.
- When we finally get self-driving cars, what will it mean for radio? Maybe this.
- A memoir from the Beastie Boys is coming this year.
- Which YouTube videos have had 10 billion views or more? Glad you asked. Notice that nearly half of them are music-related.
- Here’s a musical gizmo that solves a problem that no one has ever had.
- Drake has expanded his partnership with the Toronto Raptors.
- Now that the Islamists are out, Timbuktu is singing again.
- An indie band got 79,000 plays on Spotify–and then they were banned for life.
- If you’re ever invited over to Justin Timberlake’s house for dinner, you may be served bugs.
- Speaking of JT, you gotta wonder if Prince would approve of this. Probably not, right?
- The new rules about sex in pop music: how we got here.
- Ever hear of Fit Radio? They’ve got problems now.