Published on January 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, January 27, 2017
Construction in my basement continues. The smaller of the two bull terriers is losing her mind. Meanwhile, here’s music news.
- Anthrax beer! (That sounds more appealing when you realize that we’re talking about the metal band and not the weaponized sheep disease.)
- We might soon reach the end of terrible WiFi. Let’s hope so.
- Tony Bennett will join Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl halftime performance. A short video, apparently.
- If you’re a fan of the Velvet Underground, you might be interested in what John Cale is doing today.
- Never, ever whistle at Gordon Ramsey.
- Donald Trump has a new Secret Service-approved smartphone. More tweets? Less?’
- Kurt Cobain’s daughter, Frances Bean, is now modeling for Marc Jacobs.
- Well, this is an odd Scorpions supercut. Please, Klaus, give it a rest.
- Elton John is working on a Devil Wears Prada musical for Broadway.
- I don’t get it, but Twenty One Pilots is YUUUUGGGEE.
- Frances Bean Cobain says “I’m over the 90s.” Well, I hope so.
- Experts say that Spotify and Apple Music will struggle in China. Here’s the reason.
- And while we’re on the subject, here’s a look at digital music trends in places like China, Russia, Africa and Latin America.
- This looks fun: A world map of music.
- Ever wonder where the term “Bluetooth” came from? There’s a reason you should spell it with a capital “B,” too.
- Wanna buy a table for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony? It’ll cost you. A lot.