Published on January 5th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, January 5, 2018
One week (well, almost) of January down. Taking it day by day. Distract yourself with some music news for January 5, 2018.
- Apple sued an Italian clothing company called Steve Jobs. They lost.
- One analyst says that 56.3 million smart speakers will ship in 2018.
- Here’s more on the rise of smart speakers.
- Meanwhile, though, Amazon and Google seem to be losing money on their smart speakers as they fight for market dominance.
- Snoop Dogg’s son is now a model.
- What’s it like to work with U2 in the studio and on the road? Like this.
- Music nostalgia is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to radio.
- Another company has come up with the latest way for us to talk back and forth with our car.
- ABC was going to run a 50th anniversary special about Rolling Stone magazine, but now…
- How is this $1.6 billion lawsuit against Spotify is going to mess with their plans to take the company public?
- Meanwhile, Spotify is now up to 70 million paying subscribers.
- And what does this move to go public mean for artists who stream on Spotify?
- Grandpa-generated grime? Yep.
- Are you a musician looking to make a lyric video for YouTube? Here’s how you can do it for ten bucks.
- So what about that big computer flaw in microchips? Are your devices affected?