Published on January 6th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, January 6, 2017
Off to Fredericton today to speak at the Canadian University Press conference. Must. Have. Seafood. And now, the music news.
- Okay, one more: Mariah Carey’s ex says she needs help.
- Starting next Wednesday, Norway will begin its transition away from all AM and FM radio to digital radio.
- Gotta do this the next time in London: A David Bowie walking tour.
- Remember the movie Singles? A new expanded soundtrack is coming out for its 25th anniversary.
- Here’s an interesting take on “music bullying.”
- SoundCloud is running out of money. Fast.
- And YouTube isn’t the big dog for online music anymore–at least in the US.
- Looking for some good Canadian music blogs? Try these.
- This could the most irritating Barenaked Ladies remix ever.
- January 4 is now “Doors Day” in Los Angeles.
- Apparently, the owners of Coachella have political views that aren’t quite lined up with the artists they book. But the artists don’t seem to care.
- No more Sex Pistols, apparently. Too much hate.
- Even forged John Lennon signatures are worth £2,000.
- As radio signals go, this one is way out there.
- Are we looking at a Chinese pop explosion in 2017. Maybe.
- I wish we could get the Amazon Echo in Canada. Its new AI looks pretty sweet.
- Yay, BABYMETAL!