Published on July 14th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, July 14, 2017
Happy Bastille Day! And here’s what’s making music news on July 14.
- Hardcore Trump supporter Kid Rock says he’s going to run for the US Senate.
- Wait: There’s unreleased music by David Bowie and Queen? Seriously.
- Wait: Vanilla Ice just bought “Under Pressure” from Queen for “Ice Ice Baby?” (Via Moe)
- And there’s a new Bowie box set coming.
- What this Michael Jackson album that was up for auction for a million dollars for a few minutes the other day?
- Then there’s this letter in which Madonna bashes Whitney Houston. It’s up for auction, too.
- DMX has been arrested over a $7.1 million tax evasion charge.
- Are you a guitarist looking for some programmed beats? Try this.
- Britney Spears for Super Bowl 2018?
- Rappers are taking over the Emmys this year.
- Be careful when dirty dancing, okay? You don’t want to end up like this couple.
- RIP Fresh Kid Ice of 2 Live Crew.
- Will the iPhone 8 be delayed? There’s a rumour going around…
- Gerard Way, he of My Chemical Romance, is having one of his comic book creations turned into a Netflix series.
- “Clean raving” is now a thing.
- In order to get more Millennials interested in F1 racing, a deal has been signed with Snapchat.