Published on July 7th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, July 7, 2017
Ringo Starr turns 76 today. Does he still sing “You’re 16” in concert? That would be creepy. And now, the music news for July 7.
- Morrissey’s mom doesn’t think much of the trailer for the new biopic on her son.
- Meanwhile, Mozzer says he was held at gunpoint by police in Rome.
- Fer gawd’s sake, take some music lessons! Here’s why
- The next album to get a big 20th anniversary treatment? The Verve’s Urban Hymns.
- Wear this hat and your brain will make music.
- Collaborators on the new Foo Fighters album include…Boyz II Men?
- Gentrification continues to threaten bars and music venues in Toronto and Vancouver, but those cities aren’t alone.
- All-female moshpits? I like the idea of a safe zone for women who just wanna have fun without fear of groping–or worse.
- Fender has a new deal with Apple Music to curate playlists featuring songs that use Fender guitars.
- Meanwhile, this guy waited three days outside so he could be the first customer at Taiwan’s new Apple Store.
- China is getting tough with Interwebs censorship again.
- Some Trump supporters really should read the Declaration of Independence before doing something this dumb on Twitter.
- Did Jay-Z’s 4:44 album really sell a million copies in five days? Well…
- Now that Apple is sharing podcast analytics, what will this really mean to podcasters?
- Rapper 2 Chainz has turned a former drug den into an HIV clinic.
- Drake on season two of A Handmaid’s Tale?
- A nice history of Sarah McLachlan’s Lilith Fair.
- How indie got woke.