Published on June 23rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, June 23, 2017
It’s been a year exactly since the Brexit vote. How’s that going for everyone, hmm? And now, the music news for June 23.
- Taylor Swift returned to streaming services and made $400,000 in a week.
- Love The Simpsons? Here’s another sample of a tribute album called Worst. Tribute. Ever.
- A Princess Diana musical is headed to Broadway.
- Hey, Johnny Depp: It’s probably not a good idea to joke about assassinating a president.
- Another interesting read: England’s “heavy metal football” of the late 70s and early 80s.
- There’s a legal spat between Tunein Radio and Pandora.
- Rolling Stone has named their best metal albums.
- Post-rock (mostly) instrumental band Explosions in the Sky now have their own line of shoes.
- Sice of the 90s-era British band the Boo Radleys is now a psychologist.
- This app allows fans to request setlist songs when their favourite band goes on tour.
- More evidence that Banksy is actually Robert Del Naja of Massive Attack.
- Here’s a new way to create Spotify playlists with your friends.
- Interesting read: “Punks in the Age of Trump.”
- Want to try for a selfie with Liam Gallagher? Don’t.