Published on March 10th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 10, 2017
Seventeen years ago, the NASDAQ peaked. After that, it was the end of the original dot-com bubble. And now, music news.
- Black Sabbath made their retirement official on their Facebook page. It really looks like an obituary, doesn’t it?
- Could Tom DeLonge be on his way back to blink-182?
- And could Ace Frehley be headed back to KISS?
- Remembering the night Biggie was murdered in LA.
- I feel silly admitting this, but I didn’t know Jay Weinberg, drummer for Slipknot, is the son of Max Weinberg, drummer for Bruce Springsteen.
- And here’s another interesting relationship: Peter Mensch, co-founder of the powerful management company Q Prime (Metallica, AC/DC, Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Page, etc.) is married to Louise Mensch, the conspiracy queen founder of Heat Street, a website that believes a lot of what Donald Trump says.
- This is sick: a man has been charged with child sex offenses after impersonating Justin Bieber.
- Name That Tune could become a Broadway musical.
- Elmo really loves Adele.
- Is Spotify planning to launch a Shazam competitor?
- Meanwhile, Apple’s Siri has learned to speak Shanghaiese.