Published on March 17th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 17, 2017
Happy (merry?) St. Patrick’s Day. And now, the music news.
- Where did Andy Warhol get the idea for the banana on the debut album from the Velvet Underground album? Here.
- Here’s more insight on how Facebook is getting deeper into music.
- Cool! Abbey Road unveils a new studio.
- Can’t someone do something about the boring music heard in stores? (Thanks for the shout-out, FYI Music.)
- Wait: We no longer use the word “cassette?” Who says?
- An appreciation of noise-canceling headphones.
- The Snoop Dogg vs. Donald Trump feud just keeps getting better. So much with that love affair with hip hop.
- An Egyptian-Canadian band was refused entry into the US in a visa mixup.
- Katy Perry really wants to live in that old convent.
- Beach Boy? Meet Charles Manson. (This really happened.)
- This week’s Popbitch newsletter contains this but about Meg Matthews, the former Mrs. Noel Gallagher: “Meg is returning as the face of a vaginal rejuvenation company. In her official capacity as a ‘Celebrity Menopause Campaigner’ she promises to offer us ‘a frank and honest look’ into ‘pelvic floor tightening.'”
- Time for a Joan of Arc-based protest musical? David Byrne thinks so.
- A horde of old gold coins was found inside an ancient piano.
- Ray Davies of the Kinks is not only a well-respected man, but he’s also now a knight.
- Want to know the secret behind writing a hit song or creating a viral video? This book might explain a few things.
- Love vintage guitars? Then feast your eyes on this collection.