Published on March 2nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 2, 2018
Thirty-five years ago today, the first compact disc players went on sale in North America. Heretofore they had only been available in Japan. And now, the music news for March 2, 2018.
- Just in case you haven’t heard the Ozzy-and-the-pizza-guy-from-Newfoundland story yet, here it is.
- The Oscars are on Sunday. Here are the 10 best and worst original songs.
- And the Oscar goodie bags will include pepper spray. How #MeToo…
- If you’re a musician on tour, here are the medical supplies you need to take with you.
- The company that makes Pro Tools has some problems at the top.
- Liam Gallagher just can’t stop going after his brother. This latest one is pretty over the top.
- Keith Richards thinks today’s drugs are “bland.” He would know.
- Some rare and unreleased David Bowie records are being prepared for Record Store Day.
- Be careful of some new iTunes-related phishing emails. Here’s what to watch for.
- Edible electronics? Really?
- Expedia is now getting into concert ticketing.
- How are the creative industries evolving to serve digital natives? Like this.
- Is there going to be a #1 hit song written by artificial intelligence? Soon. Very soon.
- Pub trivia time: Which albums have the most platinum certifications of all time?
- From the Dept. of Duh: Uptempo music helps people exercise longer.
- This is what Facetime looked like in the 1950s.