Published on May 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 19, 2017
Sorry. Still trying to process the whole Chris Cornell story. Here’s what else is making music news on May 19.
- The major labels are now making $150 a second from streaming.
- Meanwhile, Spotify had revenues of $3 billion but still lost $330 million….
- …even though Spotify has more UK listeners than BBC Radio 1.
- And speaking of streaming, the most-streamed song in the UK since 2010 is…really?
- PWR BTTM released this lengthy statement regarding the allegations of sexual assault that have pretty much erased the band.
- With the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper coming up, more goodies are being released from the new box set–like this early attempt at “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.“
- Some hints on how to be a DIY pop star.
- This is always fun: Cher on Donald Trump.
- Were hair bands bad for radio?
- Over-caffeinated Bieber.
- Selena Gomez vs. the Talking Heads. Thoughts?
- Britain’s most popular recording artist of 2016? David Bowie.
- Slash is only too happy to help the LA Zoo celebrate it’s 50th anniversary.
- This guy can teach 3-year-olds to play the violin.
- One of the possible choices for a title for Radiohead’s third album was “Your Home May Be at Risk if You Do Not Keep Up Repayments.”
- Find this year’s Eurovision winner too treacly? Then you need this metal version.
- Fight over this through the long weekend: “The 100 greatest songs EVER!”