Published on May 26th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 26, 2017
The Wife has me scheduled to do all kinds of flower planting this weekend. Lovely. And now, the music news for May 26.
- The 50th-anniversary edition of the Beatles Sgt. Pepper album is out today. You should buy it.
- Radio people are getting really, really tired of uninformed writing about the medium by tech writers.
- The son of legendary record man Clive Davis is selling his art-filled 5th Avenue condo.
- Speaking of real estate, Katy Perry just completed a deal for an $18 million pile in LA…
- …and I’d buy Eric Clapton’s former LA home in a heartbeat.
- This just in: Liam Gallagher still hates Noel.
- Meanwhile, Liam is teaming up with Adele’s producer because he says “he can’t write big songs.”
- Here’s another situation where a family is suing each other over a dead musician’s estate.
- “The life and death of the freestyle mixtape.”
- Canadians spend an average of 2 hours and 10 minutes a day online with their smartphones. Brazilians spend almost 5 hours daily.
- I would not want to be part of the organization behind the bankrupt Pemberton Festival in BC. Here’s why.
- Looking for a new podcast to listen to? Try PodSearch.
- Watching The Handmaid’s Tale? Have you noticed the music used in the show?
- Musician and actor: The Headstones’ Hugh Dillion has it both ways.