Published on May 27th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 27, 2016
Note to Toronto coffee drinkers: Try Quantum Coffee at King and Spadina. Wow. And now, some music news.
- Beyonce and her people love Toronto meat.
- Kimye is threatening to sue one of their bodyguards. Why anyone would ever want to work for these people in the first place…
- Here’s what Apple pays out to artists in 42 countries.
- Those two class-action lawsuits against Spotify over royalty payouts have been combined into one.
- Refuse the blood test, forget about getting your hands on Prince’s fortune.
- It looks like Jimmy Page and Robert Plant will appear at the “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism trial after all.
- Are these the smartest sports headphones ever?
- Want to stream music in the car? This gadget looks pretty good.
- Illegal raves are making a comeback in the UK.
- How Drake is “redefining masculinity.”
- A great article on legendary record producer Glyn Johns.
- If you’re a singer for a Christian rock band, best not come out that you’re an atheist. (Via Tom)
- Hey, philatelists! There’s going to be a new Pink Floyd stamp. (Tom again)
- Is the future of digital music?
- Have you heard about this Canadian music app called AmpMe? It’s catching on.
- Chris Martin’s divorce from Gwyneth is a done deal.