Published on November 28th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, November 28, 2014
It’s Black Friday but I don’t care. This year, I’m shopping for everything online.
- Here’s an interview with the newly reconstituted Tea Party.
- About that vinyl revival thing: has the media taken it too far? [Full disclosure: guilty as charged. But I don’t care.]
- The body of Dave Mustaine’s missing mother-in-law may have been found. Man, he’s had a rough week.
- The handwritten lyrics for Kate Bush’s “Wuthering Heights” just sold for almost £7,000.
- In Britain, is it legal to rip a CD you bought to MP3? Not so fast…
- On January 1, BBC Radio 4 is going to treat listeners to a 10-hour reading of War and Peace. Wait–what?
- ISIS now has a rapping poet laureate. Again, what?
- Looking for an nontraditional Christmas mixtape? Try this.
- Jennifer Lawrence now has a song on the UK singles chart.
- There’s going to be a sequel (another one?) to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Will.i.am is unimpressed by today’s music. That makes about two billion of us.
- Lena Dunham dances to “Lena Dunham.”