Published on October 13th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, October 13, 2017
The first-ever cellular phone network was launched on this day in 1983. With that out of the way, here’s some music news for October 13.
- What REALLY happens when you don’t put your phone into airplane mode during a flight? This. (Hint: Nothing.)
- Spotify has a new app for artists so they can track their streams.
- Want to see how Eminem’s Trump-supporting fans are reacting to his vicious rap this week? Okay.
- Silverchair’s Daniel Johns is up for an award for music in an Australian children’s TV show.
- Interesting: Nickelback reunited with their ex-singer at a show in Vancouver.
- Diddy wants to buy the NFL. No, really. He does.
- There seems to be a movement in the US to start another series of charts to challenge the “official” charts of Billboard.
- Amazon’s Alexa can now recognize different human voices.
- In another oopsie for Google Home Mini, a key feature has had to be turned off.
- The Eagles are prepping an expanded 40th-anniversary edition of Hotel California.
- Happily, the world’s largest piano has found a home.
- The commissioner of the FCC would like to set Donald Trump straight about the president’s ability to revoke the licenses of TV networks.
- Remember the time Trump endorsed Eminem for president. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Imagine if this guy was your college dorm roommate. How long would you stand for this?
- The science of baby talk. Seriously.