Published on September 22nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 22, 2017
The autumnal equinox. Time to start Christmas shopping, I guess. How long before the first commercial radio station flips to all-Christmas music? Ponder that as you go through the music news for September 22.
- More reviews of the iPhone 8 and Apple Watch: This could give you pause.
- And there are production issues with the iPhone X that could result in a delay.
- Bruce Springsteen has released a 1978 live recording to help raise money for hurricane relief.
- Because I’m always interested in music and biology, here’s a Brazilian frog that’s deaf to its own mating calls. Sounds like a couple of bros I know.
- This African Grey parrot seems to have fun ordering stuff on an Amazon Alexa.
- It’s starting to look like there’s a war brewing between Spotify and YouTube for streaming supremacy.
- Google’s Nest has come out with a new video doorbell.
- Attention GenXers: Does this story of going to a concert ring true to something you experienced?
- A Marilyn Manson-Justin Bieber collaboration? Really?
- Scientists have figured out how to use sound waves to analyze blood.
- Suge Knight thinks Tupac is alive.
- Here’s a perennial favourite: The worst album covers of all time.
- This is the strange history of the phrase “Liar, liar, pants on fire.”
- Here’s more on the subject of artists playing events for exposure. This is a pretty polarizing thing. (Via Danny)
- Marilyn Manson: “Columbine destroyed my whole career.”
- Where do NYC hip hoppers get their bling? Here.
- Reevaluating Marc Bolan as a fashion icon for the ages.
- Damn. I forgot to celebrate Earth Wind and Fire Day.