Published on September 23rd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 23, 2016
Flying home from Nashville to conclude two weeks’ worth of traveling. TSA, I will miss you. And now, some music news…
- If you look at the numbers the right way, the Tragically Hip’s last tour did better than Justin Bieber.
- Wait a second: you mean the buyer of Frank Zappa’s house was Lady Gaga?
- Japan: Smart enough to deny entry to Chris Brown.
- Science has solved the mystery of the singing fish.
- Here’s an ambitious musical: A 24-Decade History of Popular Music.
- Designers make their choices of the greatest album covers of all time.
- Remember Yello? They’re back.
- The best place in Europe to go out and dance is…Eastern Europe? Yep.
- I’m never going on a cruise again. Here’s why.
- Now that there’s an official Ferris Bueller’s Day Off soundtrack, shouldn’t there be a rethinking of the soundtrack for 16 Candles?
- Milk, Samsung’s streaming music service, is no more.
- How does Canada fit in the global music marketplace these days? Like this.
- Here’s a new service that automatically picks stories to tell you based on how your day is going.
- And on that note, have we reached “peak curation?”