Published on January 2nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for January 2, 2018
I still use cheques. I’ve ruined three already by dating them “2017.” This is a roundup of music news for January 2, 2018.
- YouTube’s music app (and I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t know it existed) has been downloaded 50 million times.
- The BBC is slowing shutting down all its AM transmitters.
- Snoop Dogg hosted a Hurricane Harvey relief party. He brought strippers, of course.
- This rabbi doesn’t like Lorde very much. He took out a full-page ad in the Washington Post to make his point.
- Great. MORE emojis.
- New help with some mental health? Try group singing.
- Here are some visions for the future of music.
- Mariah Carey was paid HOW MUCH for that New Year’s Eve performance? After last year’s trainwreck?
- Drake played a super-secret private New Year’s Eve bash for Snapchat employees. He was well compensated, of course.
- Remember the hair band Cinderella? Before they got famous, they filmed a commercial for hot dogs. (Via Tom)
- Will Apple buy Netflix? There’s a 40% chance that it will.