Published on July 22nd, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for July 22, 2014
What is the date of Alex Trebek’s 74th birthday?
- Good news, Goths! Something darker than black has been invented.
- And someone has invented a hybrid analogue/digital synthesizer. About time.
- Dusty Hill of ZZ Top needs kidney stone surgery.
- Tim Alexander of Primus has undergone open heart surgery.
- And The Who’s Kenney Jones had successful treatment for his prostate cancer.
- Johnny Marr will have a new solo album called Playland in October.
- Spotify has poached two Google executives.
- How the Internet is killing the Warped Tour.\
- A nice collection of music festival anthems through the years. (Thanks to Stephen for the link.)
- Planning your next winter vacation? Here’s a list of rock-themed cruises.
- Wait: the song “99 Problems” is 21 years old? How can that be?
- And what’s this? U2 is going to play the iTunes Music Festival in London in September?
- Finally! A use for shitty old cassette tape.
- If you’re a guitar nerd, you need to read this article on the “science of tone.“