Published on August 15th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, August 15, 2016
My community newspaper was packed with “back to hockey” sales flyers this week. Meanwhile, it was 36 C in the back yard. And now, music news.
- This is rare: Two Door Cinema Club has published a defense of streaming.
- An outfit from Zimbabwe is competing to be the best bagpipe band in the world. Yes, from Zimbabwe. (Via Tom)
- Bieber? There’s a doppelganger that’s not helping your cause in England.
- Here’s why Adele declined an offer to play the Super Bowl halftime show. Good for her.
- But the NFL says they never offered the gig to her in the first place.
- The Suicide Squad soundtrack is #1 on the US album charts.
- The mother of the Bee Gees had died at age 95.
- Snoop Dogg’s posse is huuuuuuge!
- So maybe your voice isn’t as good of a security situations as we thought.
- Good bit of history: How the Beach Boys invented surf music.
- This cop is waaaaayyyy too much of a fan of Foreigner.
- Two California airports have banned some Mariah Carey posters for being “too sexy.”